Veterans Rehabilitation Project
The VCHA programme includes an element looking at veterans’ rehabilitation, and a project has been established to review and to make recommendations on improving patient care. It is led by Senior Physiotherapist Maisy Provan.
- Musculo-skeletal (MSK) conditions; shoulders, back, hip, knee, ankle and amputees
- Chronic pain and pain management
- The psychological effects of injury.
- Reviewing current practices in rehabilitation across England in both the NHS and the private sector
- The work undertaken by military charities
- Rehabilitation in the Ministry of Defence.
- Identify examples of best practice to inform new pathways and the clinical recommendations for delivering enhanced patient care in the NHS in England
- Provide better forward planning and shared learning, and highlight best practice and improvements in standards and quality
- Showcase high quality rehabilitation and demonstrate evidence-based methodologies in NHS services, and
- Drive up standards to benefit everyone across the whole of NHS England.
Background and Contact details
The team is led by Professor Tim Briggs CBE, National Clinical Improvement Director for NHS England & Improvement, GIRFT Chair, and Chair of the Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance.
The review is being carried out by rehabilitation clinician and Senior Physiotherapist, Maisy Provan. Maisy has a background in trauma and physical rehabilitation. She is also a member of the British Army Reserves.
Click here to see the completed list of visits.